Sunday, July 04, 2010

{Return of the Dragonfly}

My heart skipped a beat right over to my zoom lens when I saw the dragonflies
return. It's been awhile since they've graced our yard with their presence. Oh,
I'm so glad these fabulous fliers came back ...






If you have just a second, click on these to enlarge. The third one is especially cute, while
the delicate detail in the wings of the fourth one is worth a look. I have no idea how these
tiny guys survives in the heat of our Arizona summer, but I'm sure glad they do.

5 comments:

Diane Baldo said...

love the detail on the wings!! great photos sam!!

House of Foodies said...

When do you have time for Photo 201? I learned everything I know on my camera from you, now I'm ready for more!! :) These pictures are amazing!

Unknown said...

awesome photos! what lens are you using? fantastic!!

elizabeth said...

SO gorgeous!!

TruJen Phtography said...

WOW! Beautiful! These are so amazing.

Just a thought, and I know this might ruin the photo, but you might want to start adding a watermark on your photos you post. I was reading this article about a guy who's photos were being lifted off his site and being used for commercial use without his permission. He got a nice sum in a lawsuit but who wants to go there.
Just an idea. These photos are totally worthy of print! (And saving!)