Monday, July 05, 2010

{Small Town Patriotism}

There's something about small town people coming out in force to celebrate the
independence of their country and their love of the land that they call home.

It feels different then it ever could in a big city.

We went to Prescott, Arizona on July 3rd to visit for the day. Thought we might catch
the parade but it was just wrapping up as we arrived. There was still so much going on
though with a ceremony and presentation in the square, along with an arts and crafts
fair. They were even doing boot run races on Montezuma, the main street through town. Everyone was decked out in their red, white and blue. It was pretty cool to see, and it
made me feel so proud to be an American!

Here's a taste of the vibe in photos:





















3 comments:

SplendidlyImperfect said...

When I think of Prescott, I imagine a practically abandoned hole in the wall town, even though I know it's not because I'VE BEEN THERE!!! LOL! I didn't know they did something like this. I think it would be fun to take the boy when he's bigger. Great photos.

Nancy E said...

Great photos ---- very creative.. I love the artist second from the bottom. :) Also the tutu and the tatoo :) I also love our town for all the parades (we don't do one on the fourth) - our Memorial Day parade is amazing. Love "small" towns.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Nancy

elizabeth said...

great photos!! this looks like a real experience. i love all that patriotism!!