It's the first day of a new month. That means it's time to:1) Evaluate how I did with my August goals
2) Make three new plans for September
August Resolution Review:
1. Pantry re-org
* It's 99% done, and it's beautiful. I love it so much! I'm just waiting on three little containers
to hold all my tea bags. (The store was out of them, but they're mailing them to me within a
week or two.) Everything is in total and glorious order. (Updated with photos!)
2. Night time routine
* As my friend Alejandra says, there are some things a woman never shares. So, I won't get
into extensive detail about my night time rituals, but most of this goal had to do with washing
my face and putting moisturizer on before I go to bed. My skin is starting to revolt after years
of sleeping in yesterday's make up and over exposure to the sun. I'm working to establish
some habits -- to take care of myself for a few minutes before ending each day. I counted
about six or eight nights that I didn't do this. So, I'm not "there" yet, but I did a lot better
then my norm, and I'll keep working on making this a new pattern. On a side note, I really
like my Mary Kay face wash, but I don't like their moisturizer, which I'm currently using.
It burns my eyes. I'm all ears if you have a suggestion for facial moisturizer that you like.
3. Do three new-to-me green living, eco-friendly things.
I only accomplished two things for this goal. I was looking forward to doing some new, green
things this month, but I let other things take over and didn't totally follow through. I planned
to insulate the water heater and make homemade air freshener. So, I'll report when I get
to those projects. In the meantime, here are the two things I did do:
* Watched The Cove with David and friends. I've been meaning to see it since it won best
documentary at the Oscars. It raised awareness of an interesting issue, and I'm so glad I
know more about it now. I'm still amazed at some of the travesties that happen at human
hands. I pledge here and now never to go to Sea World or swim with the dolphins ever again.
* Tried a natural DIY suggestion that takes the place of clarifying shampoo. (They say
you should use that kind of shampoo once a month to get rid of build up and restore shine.)
The natural remedy that's supposed to accomplish the same thing is simple: apply one
Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to your hair and scalp with or after your regular shampoo.
Let it sit for five minutes, rinse and condition. I did it, and I liked it a lot!
For our combined resolution to go on at least one date a month, David and I ...
* Went home to Michigan for a visit with D's family and my two Jens for ten days. We did a
lot of "family time" and spent plenty of time doing our individual things while there. But we
went on a double date with his mom and Jim (for their anniversary), and we played golf with
D's dad. Those were good times that made nice memories. We enjoyed being near each other
when playing cards in the evenings, going to the beach or traveling from AZ to MI and back.
* Had the Hendricks Family over for dinner.
* Spent a nice chuck of a Sunday together -- did a little shopping for D and the house,
quick lunch, stopped by his office for an hour, gave each other massages (which was so
nice), and took an awesome nap. Really nice day with good chats, laughs and connecting.
* Had Anthony, Jenny and Achille over for dinner and to watch The Cove.
1. Sand the dresser I started refinishing in June and consider options for refinishing it.
2. Establish a new habit -- brushing the dogs teeth a few times a week.
3. Watch an old movie ... or two!
3. Watch an old movie ... or two!