Wednesday, September 09, 2009

{This Semester}

Can you hear the trumpets? The angels singing?

They're still in the distance, but they're definitely there!

It's my last semester ... (finally). So, I'm a pretty happy girl.

I have three classes, which sounds like a deliciously light load,
but this is turning out to be my busiest semester yet. It's
certainly non-traditional.

Why?

Mostly because of NewsWatch. It's not a "class" by normal
standards. It's a fully funtioning news studio. We work the
newsroom in shifts. Mine are: Monday and Friday from
8:30am to 6:30pm. Of course, I seem to be there at other
times, too. Whatever it takes to get everything done.

I'm also taking Online Media and French. About those...

Online Media
We had to start a blog. Couldn't be one we already had.
And it has to be on one topic. So, I chose all things green.

French 202
This is the 4th of 4 foreign language requirements for my degree.
Holy lord, I can't wait to be done with this! It's a lovely language,
and I feel extremely pleased when I manage to spit out a sentence
in French. It's just a ton of work, time and energy I'd rather put
into journalism or political science.

That's it for today!

No comments: