for every month. The new month means it's time to:
~ review how I did with August goals
~ make new September goals
August Resolution Review:
1. Have an amazing getaway with my husband! No emails.
No phones. No agenda. No stress. Total focused on simply
enjoying the moment and each other.
-Mission accomplished. We got online for a whole 15 minutes
one day just to check onto our return flight and send two quick
emails. Otherwise, we were unconnected to technology and
completely relaxed with eating and going to the beach being
the only things on our to do list. Most importantly, we enjoyed
each other. Great trip!
2. Go see or do something cool in the Phoenix area that
I've never seen or done.
-Check! Earlier in the month, I went to the ASU Art Museum
which I've never been to before. This was an "easy" way to
accomplish my goal since I felt short on time this month.
There are still a lot of places I want to explore. I hope to
work toward seeing a few of them this fall.
3. Sew something with my sewing machine for the first time.
- I struck out on this one completely. In fact, I spent almost no
time on craftiness at all this month (and I've missed it). I did
embroider for maybe an hour or two, and that was it. Too
occupied otherwise. Moving this goal to next month.
1. Something creative -- Make at least two Halloween crafts
and use my sewing machine on a simple project.
2. Turn a story in a day. This is something I have to do for
NewsWatch this month, but I've never done it before, and
I'm looking forward to the challenge. That means I go out
and shoot interviews and b-roll footage, import that video,
log the sound bites I like, write the script, get it approved,
and edit it to completion all in one day. I've done this process
over two or three days in the past. Gotta get faster!
3. Shoot a multi-part standup that's resume tape worthy.