Tuesday, February 03, 2009

{What Do Ya Know...}

...I can still scrapbook.
It had been so long, I wasn't sure if I had it in me any longer. :)
There's nothing too special about these pages, but I was happy
to get started on something. I've been wanting to for awhile
and have really missed the whole process. All the following
photos are bathroom mirror self portraits that I took back
in November.
Enjoy!


I was inspired to make the center of this page after seeing
these by Ali Edwards. Above and below "me", it lists:
self portraits, a glimpse, documenting, feeling alone, looking
for sunshine, pieces of me, new wrinkles & old freckles,
favorite tee.


I think this one is my favorite of the three. The quote is from
Richard Wagner.


And lastly, a little ode to my camera. I'm so glad I have it.
It's been good to me. The journaling says: I love my 20D.
I love David for knowing it was the perfect gift. I love
trying to grow into it.

Hope you're having a happy Tuesday. Cheers!

12 comments:

Miss M! said...

Doesn't it feel good to just create?

Robyn said...

These are great!

Lindsay Teague Moreno said...

i like the new blog look and i like your self-portraits!

L

Kristi said...

I love those portraits of you and the pages are just as gorgeous :)
I also love the new blog template and colors you have going on here, so cute!

Lis said...

Everything you make is AMAZING!!!! Seriously! I cant believe you just shot those in the mirror! Mine never look good!! AT ALL! What Lens do you use? I need a new one. Youre amazing. I know i say that a lot. BUT YOU ARE! I love the butterfly one!

Jennifer said...

Love the new layout!

Sue Thomas said...

Love your self portraits and pages, Sam! Fun new look to your blog too!

Meredith Perdue said...

What a fun blog! I love the background and the pictures of your dogs. Too fun!

carlene federer said...

love the pages Sam! you make me wanna see if I can still scrapbook, lol!
good luck with your test & dr. appt-I have a dr. appt. today too!!!

Lemon Peel said...

You look great. I love seeing what's happening in your life.

cheryl said...

love the pages! you look beautiful. :)

Trujen said...

I love the "My 3rd Eye" layout and the picture with the camera in your face but can see your eyes.
This is cute! I don't remember seeing it before.
BTW, I'm looking for ideas!