Tuesday, March 04, 2008

{I Was Bit Between the Eyes by the Idea Bug}

Hung out with Lindsay all day last Saturday.
It was way overdue (a month or so).
So, our time felt as good as the worlds softest blanket,
except only better because it touched me deep
inside and made me happy and recharged.

She said she was going to start telling her story,
the whole, here's-my-life-story on her blog.
And she thought I should too.
So, it got me thinking.

And then I looked through almost all of her old
scrapbook pages, and I noticed a lot of pages like...
101 things I love
the big things I did this year
memories of the house I grew up in
what I love about myself
things I don't love about myself
Stuff like that.
Kind of pages that review the place where you stand
at that moment so you can look back and see it.
And remember.
And see how you've grown.

I liked the blog idea and I was inspired by the pages.
So, now I'm ruminating.
Thinking about what I want to do with the inspiration.


p.s. Can't exactly locate my phone. Just fyi.
So, call me at home if you need to get a hold of me! : )

2 comments:

TruJen Phtography said...

I love the idea of scrapping those types of memories. That's a great idea! Especially if you're lucky enough to own pictures of yourself as a child. I have a huge tote filled with pictures of me as a child. Also old art projects I created. If I only had the time. (And Lind's scrap room!) :o)

Jen said...

Wow, it sounds like climbing Mt. Everest to me. I'm going to save my story for a book. Not an autobiography, but I really, truly want to weave my story and your story and the stories of the others that I love into a novel. The only problem is that I see myself writing this novel in a beach house on Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard...once I lose that whimsical, romantic ideal I know it will be time to start writing.