Wednesday, August 08, 2007

{One of My Favorite Meals}

I'm here today to share one of my favorite recipes from Everyday Food. The flavors are
**perfect** together. It's light, healthy and can be made very quickly. It's perfect for when
you want a really nice meal but you don't have much time. Sorry there's no photo ...

Shrimp & Tomatoes
olive oil
ground pepper
coarse salt
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 the juice of a juicy lemon
fresh chopped parsley (I use 4 TBL)
tomatoes in 1/2 inch thick pieces
(I use 6 plum and 1 whole)
1 1/2 lb medium shrimp,
peeled and deveined with tails removed

In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat;
swirl to coat pan. Add shrimp. Season with s/p.
Cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes.
(Cook anymore and shrimp will be too tough.)
Transfer to a plate and set aside.

Reduce heat to medium; add garlic and red
pepper flakes. Stir in tomatoes; cook until they
begin to breakdown, 4 to 6 minutes.
Season with salt. Return shrimp and any
accumulated juices to the pan. Add parsley
and lemon juice. Toss to coat. Serve over
whatever you like. And that's it!

I serve it over couscous with a salad and
crusty bread. (If I have time, I bake a
head of garlic for an hour to smear on the
bread.) It's delicious -- makes for good
next-day left overs, too. Bon appétit!

No comments: