Friday, May 11, 2012

{Home Is Where the Heart Is}

My heart belongs to Norah and Oliver. (I miss Killian so much, of course, but that is another story for another day.) I always know I'm home when I walk in the door and see my babies -- plain and simple.



They're both doing so GREAT! (Thanks to all of you who've asked.) I was totally worried about my sensitive Norah when we moved. She was pretty anxious the first two weeks, but since then, she's done fabulously! Oliver -- convinced all the boxes were packed and stacked to create his own personal Cat Kingdom -- never missed a beat.

{More phone and laptop photos ... I'll eventually get my real camera(s) out again!}

Norah and O have a favorite spot in the new house -- on the back of the couch looking through the window that faces the street. They're content to watch the neighbors milling about, switching between stimulated excitement and being lulled to sleep my the warmth of the sun. Of course, this translates into a subtle determination to deform the hell out of my couch cushion -- grrr -- but I can't bring myself to deprive them of their newly found simple pleasure!


Oliver curls up in nooks and crannies. He even weaved his way inside my pillowcase the other week.  He is happy to have a chance for one-on-one time with me -- curling up on my lap when I sit down to read, use the computer or watch TV. Oddly enough, he hasn't been sleeping with me at night much ... I do not love this.


Norah has been busy convincing me it's time for another run, walk or trip to the park. (Nothing new there!) Her allergies are at bay, and she's been extra snuggly in the mornings -- making me a very happy mama. She had a crate at our last house, but I took the risk of not setting it up here. She hasn't seemed to miss it at all! (Which is so awesome because that thing was an enormous eye sore. Score.)


And that's the latest on my little family in the hood. :)
Hope you're all well.
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Hi Sam,
I've been thinking about you. This post and the pics of Norah made me sad for you, I hope your spirits have been lifted somewhat. What's new??