Saturday, July 23, 2011

{What I Meant By That}

Do you have mantras you repeat for
yourself? Sure, they change with the
times and evolve based on what you
need but mantras nonetheless.

Like ...
Focus.
Be calm.
Know your truth.
Live with intention.
Life is what you make of it.
I won't strangle my child today.

That kind of thing.

I usually have a few phrases like this in mind -- things I know I need to work on and make part of my daily intent so the energy of those words flows into whatever I'm doing.

Right now, I feel like I need about 90 of them,
but I've narrowed it down to just a few.

One of them: Be present in the moment. (That's what
I was thinking about when I did this post.) And do I
ever need to keep reminding myself of it.

I've been living in a blur for almost three months now,
and I recently realized how detached I am from what I'm
actually doing. You know you're in trouble when you've
just driven through an intersection and you have to look
back to see if the light was green or red when you made
your way though it. Not good. Most of the time, I've noticed that detachment with things that don't matter as much -- like going to do something around the house only to realize I've accomplished it but have no memory of actually doing it. Weird.

Here are a few other things I'm repeating to myself lately:
* Set boundaries.
* Give into the process.
* Know clearly what you want.
* Focus on yourself and get strong.
* Don't do anything unless you know why.
* Prioritize and balance the pieces of your pie.
* Funnel nervous and negative energy in a positive direction.
* Check in and ask yourself what your truth is now. Accept it and allow it to evolve.
* You can't change the past. Know what it is now and how you're going to move forward.

I'm hoping repetition is the key to turning these ideas into action and second nature.

That being said, it's time for me to take a little blog break. I'm sure it won't be for too long.
Catch ya on the flip side.

No comments: