Saturday, March 05, 2011

{Juicy News}

Wells Fargo sees fit to give you a present when you recommit to paying them exorbitant
amounts in interest over the course of a 30 year mortgage.

We refinanced our house recently, and afterwards, our bank let us choose a gift from their
sponsored items. It was a nice and unexpected little thank you. We chose the juicer.



Isn't it pretty?

I didn't want to scare David or myself away from juicing by starting off with a bland,
earthy mix. So, I chose produce that I knew would give us some sweetness and lotsa
vitamins -- apples, carrots, celery, and spinach.

This combination was delicious. It was plenty sweet. I could see halving the
amount of apples and adding another low glycemic vegetable or just a second
bunch of spinach.

I learned not to push the produce down too hard. You're supposed to let the
machine do it's job by giving it time to extract all the moisture from your
farmer's market finds. If your pulp (collected in the bin to the left) is wet or
damp at all, you're pushing it through too quickly.

I couldn't resist starting with the carrots. This is 100% pure, organic carrot juice! It
didn't add a ton to the total volume, but it gives a lot of flavor to the finished product.

Next up was the celery -- full of water and natural, low sugar flavor.

I added the rest of my goods. I was most excited about the spinach. It's loaded with so
many things that are amazing for your body. They say you're supposed to eat a rainbow
of colors to get maximum nutrition. The dark green juice that came from my fresh
spinach leaves was beautiful.

This seems like an awesome way to take in more fruits and vegetables. It's filling,
and I felt like a million bucks after feeding myself such goodness for breakfast!

With the health benefits of juicing in our world, maybe we'll live long enough
to pay off this 30 year mortgage after all.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Mmmmm, the perfect fresh treat.... any time of day!

Michelle @ On and Off My Plate said...

LOL! The juice is great but your last line is priceless!