Tuesday, December 01, 2009

{Resolution Time: December}

"Happy December". That's the first thing David said to me this morning. :)

****************************

Sticking to my '09 resolution to make three new resolutions
for every month. The new month means it's time to:
~ review how I did with my November goals
~ make new December goals



November Resolution Review:

{It turns out ... I had lofty goals for this month. I must have been feeling really good when I
set these because I would have needed superpower strength to make all this happen in one
month, on top of the other things I was committed to. So, for the first time in awhile, I am going to have to confess bad results. I will recap what I did accomplish and move a lot of this to the plan for December and January.}

1. Work plan: Make my resume tape. Finish online resume profiles. Call three people in
the business to set up appointments and ask questions to find a professional direction with
a plan to get there. Start applying for positions before the end of the month. BIG goal!
* Oigh ... Essentially none of this got done. I basically decided I would make it my focus for
after graduation. It's been busy enough doing what I needed to do for school and life this
month. Since December is going to be consumed with finishing my last semester, the holidays and two weeks of company ... this goal will be my main priority in January.

2. Masterbath remodel: Finish it! (Or get it extremely close to finished.) A lot of this
is on David, but I will finish selecting and buying what we need for it, pick a paint color
and paint, and help D wherever I can.
* Well ... We sooo didn't finish the bathroom, but we are finally making some headway, and
we're determined to have it functioning by the 12th when our first wave of company arrives.
I'll spare you the very specific list of what we have done and bought. I'll just say we've bought
a ton of stuff -- almost everything we're going to need. I picked up paint yesterday. I will start priming and painting this evening. D is going to pour the shower floor and start tiling tonight.
We have someone coming in to do the lights on Friday. The countertops won't be in on time.
So, we figured out a temporary solution for while company is here. Things are moving along.
We have a lot to do in a fairly short amount of time. My fingers are crossed!!

3. Get my Christmas spirit on: Make a Christmas shopping list (mostly kids this year).
Do all of my Christmas shopping. Make at least one gift. Put the tree up. Take a photo for our holiday card.
* I got a fairly solid jump on this one! It's not 100% done, but I am thrilled with my progress.
It'll take some pressure off during the month of December. D and I made a list for holiday shopping and got started on it. We still have a few gifts to buy, but I'd say we accomplished over three-quarters of our gift buying. I made one gift in it's entirety and started at least three
others that I hope to finish in time to help Santa. (If not, they'll become birthday gifts in the
year ahead.) We took our holiday photo. And got lights and decorations up in the outside of the house. I still need to put up the tree and do decorating inside though.

December Resolutions:
1. Have a strong finish at school -- wrap up all projects and finals
2. Do what I need to do to feel ready and relaxed for company (tree, bathroom, shopping, wrapping, meal plans, bathe the dogs, grocery shop, clean, etc.)
3. Thoroughly enjoy two weeks of company, graduation and Christmas spirit.

2 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I might have to set a goal for myself to get into the Christmas Spirit this year too.....

Diane and Joe Baldo said...

what color of paint did you choose?