David is my pool boy, and he's been hard at work out there
since he decided to switch the pool from chlorine to salt water --
A project he's had in his mind since we moved in two years ago.
Last weekend, he:
- drained the pool completely
- installed the salt cell himself
- acid washed the tiles (it was dark out by the time he got to this)
- refilled the pool
Then, this week, he:
- ordered a new circuit board for the salt cell since he fried
the one it came with (after confusing the voltage -- which I'm
sure is totally safe)
- received the new circuit breaker in the mail
- decided he'd have an electrician over to help him finish the job
He came home on Friday with a tool that helps you read voltage.
So, I thought he was going to try to finish it himself, but he says
his electrician friend will be here next week.
Hey, I give him credit for the DIY. He actually saved us a lot of
money. (Do people actually pay $3.50 a foot to have their tiles
bead blasted?) It'll be so nice when it's all done. No more red
eyes and dry, itchy skin after swimming.