Thursday, February 19, 2009

{You Can See It From Space}

It being the Grand Canyon.

That's where our Valentine's Day road trip took us. We
had a really nice time, and man, it was such a site to see.
This was David's first time. Mother Nature covered it in
a wee blanket of snow just for him. :)

The only thing we were missing was a bit of cloud cover.

But before you see *it*, I have to share a bit of the
lovliness we saw on the way up. Like Humphreys Peak
in Flagstaff and the birch trees lining the side of the
highway, nestled into the snow. You pass such varied
landscape in just a few hours in this state. I love it.





And now, onto the feature attraction . . .
{Note: I took less people and more canyon shots when I
was there in August of '08. Click here to see those.}











It was a lot of driving for one day, but we had fun. It was nice just
to be together -- chatting, laughing, looking, talking -- without any
appointments or work or calls. Good stuff.

8 comments:

carlene federer said...

Wow, I'm impressed you did it in one day! Great pix, and how fun to see snow!

JENNY @ jennybandco.blogspot.com said...

so gorgeous! I've only seen the GC from a plane-- hope to see it in real life one day! The snow is gorgeous-- what a special treat to David! Now, get away from the edge-- you're freaking me out!!!!!

Unknown said...

Looks awesome. Can't wait to go someday...been here 10 years and haven't made it up there yet!! Shame on me :)

Unknown said...

I love the shots, awesome.
I so wish to go there one day :)
At least I can go there virtually :)

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

How beautiful!! I have been to the Grand Canyon, but not since I was practically a baby. I must go back again so I can enjoy it as an adult!

TruJen Phtography said...

Those pictures are gorgeous! And YOU are HOT baby!!! (Scott said it first!)
I'm so happy you and D got to get away. What a fun trip to take for your very first co-celebrated Valentine's Day!

TruJen Phtography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lis said...

No one needs to say it. Cuz we ALL know.


THOSE ARE AWESOME PICTURES!!!! I said it anyway!