Thursday, January 01, 2009

{Resolution Time}

Top of the year to ya.
I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year's Eve.
Have you made your resolutions for 2009?



I've made a lot of good ones over the years -- in theory,
anyway. The problem is, I lose focus or motivation and
end up not accomplishing anything. I think I've landed
on a great resolution system though.

My 2009 resolution: To make three goals for each month.

I really think I can make this work. Here's the plan.
~ I've written a note at the end of each month on my cal-
endar as a reminder to make goals for the coming month.
~ I'll use my blog. On the first day of every month, I'll
write a brief recap of how I did on the previous months
goals, and I'll state my three new goals for that month.
~ Goals can carry over from month to month, or not, as
long as each month has three firm goals that I actually
think are within reach.



January Resolutions:
1) Do not eat any meat of any kind.
This shouldn't be too hard as I'm not that far off from it now.
When I do eat meat (usually pork, turkey & chicken) I don't
really enjoy it that much. It doesn't agree with my taste buds
or belly. There's also the environmental and ethics factors
that really are huge issues to me. It's time I give this a try.
2) Use less paper towel.
I try to recycle, reduce and reuse; but, I am a paper towel
whore. I go through the stuff like crazy -- wiping the counters,
drying my hands, cleaning. Time to form a new, less wasteful
habit.
3) Take three 4-mile walks per week.
I need to start training for the 3 Day. Walking is great for me
in a million ways. It's good think time, good for the dogs, good
for my body. I haven't been doing it, even though I know how
much I have loved it in the past. No time like the present!


I'd love to hear what you're working on as the new year
kicks off. Cheers to you and 2009!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great! I've written down goals for the year, but I like your monthly approach better! I can't to read all about your accomplishments! Happy 2009!

SplendidlyImperfect said...

I think setting monthly goals is a very wise idea. I'm also hopelessly addicted to paper towels, mostly in part to being a total germaphobe. You'll have to let us know how you deal with that.

Anonymous said...

good idea to write your goals down. i need to back off the paper towels too - i use them for everything.

happy new year!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Great goals and the three a month seems much more attainable :)
Good luck!