Tuesday, January 06, 2009

{EZ Weeknight Dinner Idea}

If you can boil water and open a can, you can make this.
I made it before my no meat in January goal.


(more bad lighting, courtesy of my kitchen at night filled
with LED lights.)

Only three ingredients are required for this meal. I get all of
them from Trader Joe's. If you don't have that store in your
area, surely you can find a similar item at your grocery store.
The pasta is the ticket. Lemon Pepper. So yummy.



2 cans solid white tuna in light oil
1 bag TJ's lemon pepper pappardelle pasta
capers

Boil pasta. Drain. Add tuna with oil of one or two cans,
depending on preference. Add capers, to your liking.
Mix well and enjoy.

4 comments:

TruJen Phtography said...

Mmm... looks yummy!

I just read in my Family Circle magazine that tuna and salmon are so good for you. They are packed with Omega-3 which help prevent breast cancer, Alzheimer's disease, hypertension and diabetes. So, I know you're goal is to not eat meat but maybe you could pretend tuna and salmon are something else!!! :o)

Lindsay Teague Moreno | 5ive Photo said...

i tried to comment on this yesterday, but it wouldn't let me...i said it looked yummy!

Wanna come out and play today???

Lindsay

Sue Thomas said...

Oh how yummy!!! I'm always looking for another reason to stop by Trader Joe's so thank you, Sam!!

Unknown said...

Oh my...looks so good. Can't wait to try this. I love capers! I bet it would be good with chicken too (I know you're staying away from that:)