Monday, December 15, 2008

{Needle in a Haystack}

I knew there was something in there.
I just knew it.

I got a pricker stuck in my heel after walking around a
trail in Sedona Nov. 30th, which I mentioned in a post the
other day. My doc said to soak my foot in hot water. I
waddled home and followed her instructions. It had really
been bothering me though. So, after soaking it yesterday,
I had David take another stab at trying to get it out.
Sure enough...




The lesson to be learned here is not to wear these hiking,
even if it is a friendly looking trail that calls your
name as you're heading out of town.



Thanks to my in-house doctor for his gentle efforts
and his tweezers and razor blade. :)

7 comments:

Trisha said...

OUCH!!! How frustrating trying to figure out what was going on!! Glad it's out!!

carlene federer said...

OUCH!

Kristi said...

Holy $^&$^%!
That thing is HUGE!!! OUCH!!! Glad you got it out!

Miss M! said...

Holy crap, that's huge! How the heck were you even able to walk???

Samara Link said...

Sara, that's a good question. I don't know! It was really tender and sore but not the sharp pain you'd think when you see it. I guess it was in there in such a way -- maybe kind of sideways or something. The skin on my foot where it stuck me was starting to look a little infected and puffy by the end of this week. Ick!

Olivia said...

OMG! I can't believe that huge thing was in your heel and you could still walk! NUTS! Glad it's out :)

Lindsay Teague Moreno said...

holy christ almighty samara! that thing is huge!!! I'm so glad you got it out! I don't think something that big would have made its way out on its own! Good thing David got it out. How bad did you want to scream?