Thursday, October 09, 2008

{Last Weekend...}

... was a good one. It made me smile repeatedly.

Friday, I did a videography shoot in the morning -- got
some great stuff for my next piece. It's on buying locally
produced foods. (Did you know the average food travels
1,200 miles before it lands on your dinner table?)

I did most of my shooting here, at Vertuccio Farms. This
photo is from their website. Totally worth a visit -- if
you're in the east valley. They have a small store filled with
all kinds of locally made and grown goodies. They even make
roasted peppers for Oregano's and all kind of really cool stuff.
Anyhoo...

Saturday, was Lindsay's baby shower! She did a post on it
already. We all had an awesome time. Kim Kwan did an
INCREDIBLE job with absolutely everything. It was a
wonderful morning!

How precious are these hand knitted hats from
her friend, Elizabeth? And they were so soft.

After a fabulous afternoon nap...
D and I went to see Jimmy Fallon at The Tempe Improv
Saturday night. We laughed our asses off for an hour and
a half. Awesome date.


Sunday was reserved for relaxation with a strong emphasis
on watching television! We were both up for a lazy afternoon.

I love couch days with this guy.


I also got to Skype with Aaron (my brother) and the kids.
Here he is with Aidan and Catherine. It was so good to
see them! Catherine taught me a new joke. What do you
get when a pig does karate? A pork chop. Fabulous.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get ready so we can
leave for Hawaii. (Three cheers for David's company
and all the hard work they do!!) Catch ya on the flip
side.

5 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Have an AWESOME time in Hawaii!!!!!

Anonymous said...

jimmy fallon on Sat night? good thing i didn't know or i would have snuck in with you guys!

had a great time with you on Sat girl!

t dawg said...

HAWAII!?!?!?!?!?

You guys will have SO MUCH FUN!!! Not sure where you'll be going when you're there, but our favorite islands were Kauai and Maui. The Big Island was pretty awesome, too. Oh I'm so jealous. HAVE FUN!!! And take lots of pictures for us....

Lis said...

I love your pumpkin picture! and Lindsay looks so cute opening her gifts! iM Sad I couldnt be there. I could actually have said that I MET YOU! DARN! WHEN THE BABIES ARE BORN THEN!!!

carlene federer said...

Where can I see your piece on local food? I am way into eating locally...I'm assuming you've read "Animal Vegetable Miracle" by the Amazing Barbara Kinsolver? SO awesome!
Have a blast in Hawaii!!!