This is not a test, I repeat, this is not a test.
Hi to everyone in Sam's world, it's Lindsay!
Enjoy the new header!
While I'm here, I thought I'd take the time to write about all the things I love about Sam (or Sammy Davis Junior, as I have been calling her recently...I'm pretty sure she loves it when I call her that)! 30 things for 30 years.
- Sam never skips a detail in her stories (even when she's telling you the abbreviated version).
- Her hair is always perfect and it even looks good when she gets head sweat.
- She has freckles.
- She love her dogs as if they were actual children. She speaks to them as if they understand what she is saying and I think they speak back to her in dog language.
- Sam is and always will be the champion for those that need anything. If the world needs saving, Sam is there to take up the cause.
- She may be ASU's best student ever. I do mean this literally. If you knew how often "I have to study" comes out of her mouth...hell, you probably do!
- She can't drive. Add to this the fact that she likes to talk on the phone when she's doing so and you've got a winning combination.
- When she loves something (I mean loves from the deepest part of her belly) you can read it all over her face.
- Sometimes (okay, a lot of times) people tell us we look alike and I think that might be the best compliment EVER!
- When she hikes, she runs up the rocks and hills like a little kid.
- I can pretty much lay it on the line with Sam...I think she knows all my secrets.
- She doesn't judge.
- She'll play devils advocate if you're about to make a hasty decision.
- She has hot legs!
- "They look like I kicked walls as a kid" is how she describes her feet.
- Even when we cry, we laugh together.
- I've heard more than 3 people describe Sam as "the nicest person they've ever met".
- Sam doesn't know much about computers, but she sure is learning!
- She'll call to tell you if there is something she heard or saw that you would enjoy.
- When you're with her, you feel like the most smart, funny and special person, at that moment, in the world! THAT is something that very few people can do for others.
- She can make friends with anyone, in any situation. She can't help it! She has to talk to them!
- She dogsits my dog when we're away and then tells me she's been perfect even though she eats dog beds and poops in the house.
- She reads books that are way over my head.
- She'll half her piece of gum for you when she only has one left
- She loves comfy socks and sheets.
- She wants to travel to the middle east (this one may not be a reason that I love her because I'm pretty sure people die in the middle east, but the point is that she's got grand plans for her life).
- I want to go on vacation with her...as long as it's not to the middle east. That one's not exactly on the Lindsay's Life To-Do List, but you know, Africa would be cool, or Italy.
- She's really good at being honest, even when it's hard.
- She writes emails at ungodly hours in the morning and they make my day when I read them.
- When Sam calls, my husband knows exactly who I'm talking to just by the way I answer the phone. Sometimes he makes fun, but I don't care, because I love her and I'm always excited to talk to her on the phone!