year at a time is much more manageable when it comes to resolutions, no?
LinkAdventure has been "my place" for recording new year resolutions for the past two
years. So, I thought I'd keep it going, if nothing else, to provide myself with accountability
and create a place for my personal record keeping.
I'm changing the "three monthly goals" resolution I made in '09 and '10. I've found that
three goals + life + other things I'm working on (not listed here) means my focus is pulled
in too many directions. Sometimes I have a hard time finishing things as completely as I'd
like to. I've been working on some exciting things for my professional life, strides that I
won't articulate here. Plus, I'm on a never ending quest to become the person I want to
be mentally and emotionally. C'est assez! With that in mind, I've simplified my resolutions
for the year ahead ... and I'm really excited about it.
1) Make one new goal each month (fun or serious) that gives me a sense of balance.
2) Work on learning how to do things around the house. (See list below)
3) Volunteer, on average, once a month. (Donating blood every eight weeks-ish counts.)
4) Go on at least one quality date a month with David. (We're each going to plan a date
a month, which I'm wild-and-crazy happy about!)
Things around the house I want to learn how to do in 2011
that David normally takes care of:
- Clean up cookies and junk on my computers
- Unclog the kitchen drain/garbage disposal
- Turn off the water to the house
- Work the sprinklers and the drip system
- Add to the drip system
- Clean the pool filters
- Weekly/monthly pool care
- Drain and fill the pool
- Fertilize the lawn before summer
- Properly level and hang hardware fixture with a molly
- Change a door hardware and handle
- Relight the pilot light in the water heater
My monthly goal for January:
- Work on my blog by taking Elsie's Blog Love course and making some new pages.
I'd love to hear what resolutions you set for yourself or just what you're working on, in
general. Best wishes to all of you for a wonderful, fulfilling, balanced, and mentally healthy
year in 2011.