Monday, December 13, 2010

{'Tis the Season to be Jolly}

Am I the last person in America to attempt a fleece tie blanket? I think I might be.

My first time in and I made six of them. Turns out, it was a fairly easy, fun project.




Each blanket is double sided (for extra warmth and cuddliness) and close to the size of a
twin bed (2 1/2 yards of each fabric). They should make good holiday gifts for some cute
kiddos we know.








Schlepping around 12 blots of material and waiting to have each one cut into two and a half
yard pieces of fabric was the hardest part, if there was one. Thankfully, I had help when I
got home and started putting the blankets together. Aren't they the cutest assistants?






Animal hair included. Sigh.
Fa-la-la, la-la la, la-la-la ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Samara,

Sandy, Jeramie and I did this Thanksgiving weekend...my first time, I think Sandy has done it before. They were super fun and turned out super cute...I think our kids will be so cuddly warm on Christmas :) Have a great holidays!!!

Lindsay Teague Moreno | 5ive Photo said...

Sam! Those are adorable! Good thing you have your helpers!!!

Kristi said...

Great project/gift idea!! The animals made me laugh, of course they are all about these blankies!

Unknown said...

Nope...I am the last person. Sigh.

Ale said...

Sam,

GREAT job! they look so good! I love the color combinations too!
Can I place an order for two? I want to take them to Mexico for my children over there...that will be until next year so no need to worry about them now...:)