Wednesday, November 26, 2008

{Girl on a Mission}

Seriously, how lucky am I that my dearest friends
would get together from all ends of the country
just to put together a little dance routine for me?
So lucky. :)

************************

Monday was one of those crumby days. To which I
responded by laying down for a nap at 3:30 PM and
staying there until 7:30 AM the next morning. Ha!
Take that, stupid day.

I woke up on Tuesday thinking, even my worst days
are better then a lot of peoples' best days. I mean,
I sit here with three healthy, loving animals huddling
around me, cute as could be, while the Internet magically
finds it's way to my laptop without a single cord while
some people have to walk miles each day just to collect
water for their basic needs. My life is just not that
bad. So, I was determined to make yesterday better,
and I did.

1) I signed up for the '09 AZ Breast Cancer 3-Day!



I've joined "The Rookies", started by our friends, the Hendricks.
Sign up by December 3rd, and the fee is only $55 (instead of $90).
We'd love to have you join us!
Just call (800) 996-3329.
More on this later.

2) Lindsay and I delivered four turkeys and some incidentals
to the food bank. There were so many generous people there.
One couple pulled up with 10 turkeys; Another guy had six.
It was really nice to see.


Here's the mommy-in-waiting at the checkout. She wrote a
motivating blog post this week, saying there is this great
sale on turkeys... And how awesome it would be if each of
us donated at least one because every kid deserves a turkey.
She was absolutely right. I know a small donation does not
a world change, but it was a step in the right direction.


And the sale was quite a sale. I wouldn't have believed
it unless I'd seen it with my own eyes. Five bucks for
a 12 pound Jenni O Turkey. Food banks are struggling now
as donations are down and the number of those in need is
going up. So, it's a good thing to do as often as possible,
no matter the day of the year.

3) Thought I'd pass along this idea received in an email frwd:
When doing your Christmas cards this year, take one card and
send it to the following address. If everyone sends one card, think
of how many cards these wonderful, special people who have
sacrificed so much would get. Just write a little message saying
what you think about their efforts in our behalf, and sign it.
Here's the address:

Holiday Mail for Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights , MD. 20791-5456


I hope this Thanksgiving Eve is a good one for you
and yours. With love...

4 comments:

Trisha said...

I'm so glad your day was better yesterday. You sure accomplished so much and were so generous!! The world is a better place because of you!! Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

You girls are so thoughtful for the Thanksgiving food donations! Hooray for the 3-day next year, I pledge my support to you!!
Happy Thanksgiving hon!

Lindsay Teague Moreno | 5ive Photo said...

YAY for not sulking!

Today will be better!

I love you, Sammy Davis Jr.

L

TruJen Phtography said...

So sweet of you to donate! And I can't believe the savings on those turkeys. Amazing!

Congrats on joining the 3Day. Can't wait to see/hear your experience.

I hope your having a nice weekend. Pamper yourself silly!
I love you girl!