Thursday, May 04, 2006

Mellow Yellow

You've gotta love Europe. They have more long weekends, bank holidays,
and time off here than you can imagine. This past Monday was a bank
holiday, similar to our Labor Day Weekend from what I gathered. And
god bless the workers, because without them, I wouldn't be hanging out
in Ireland, unemployed, sleeping in anytime I want, and seeing Dublin
at my leisure. Cheers to them! (What? Oh, that isn't the point of the
holiday? Well, anyway...)

We took the opportunity to drive to Waterford. On the way there, David
spotted this huge field covered with bright yellow flowers. From the highway,
you couldn't quite tell what was there. It was so bright in contrast with the
greens and browns that made up the rest of the landscape, it almost looked
like someone had taken a can of yellow spray paint and covered the area. The
first path we turned onto in an effort to get closer didn't lead us all the way there.

David found another side road further up the motorway that took us right to
the edge of the field. It was breathtaking. Unfortunately, it's probably one of
those things you had to be there to really appreciate. Hopefully you can get
a sense of it and take a minute to stop and smell the flowers.









I mentioned in another post how the countryside is all sectioned off
with short stone walls or rows of bushes and trees. Just to the right
of that yellow field was an example. Check it out.


I took this from a moving car, so it's not the best pic...
But how could I resist the Ireland flag and the United States
flag flapping in the breeze together? I couldn't!

Over and out.

2 comments:

TruJen Phtography said...

You know, if I knew how to use Photoshop, I'd take the telephone pole out of that BEAUTIFUL shot with the field, tree and fence line, and print it for my house. LOVE IT!!!!

Lindsay Teague Moreno | 5ive Photo said...

wow...you could photoshop those babies right up! :) These are gorgeous! I wish I could have been there to see it!!!

lindsay